Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Young the Giant & Nas

I love love love Young the Giant... and I'm sure you've never heard of them because it seems like no one has. I discovered them freshmen year through a friend who knew the lead singer, Sameer Gadhia, who was then a student at Stanford. AND I LOVED THEIR MUSIC SO MUCH. As soon as their first album came out, I bought it... immediately... as in I preordered it and sat there, anticipating its midnight release, so I could listen to it thoroughly. I love every song. Seriously. 
Now that I'm done geeking out about them, I will tell you the point of this post. They came to Northwestern!!! And I got to photograph them for The Daily Northwestern last Friday! Anyway, the pictures turned out pretty cool, and I'd like to share them with you. I didn't get to talk to the band members, unfortunately, so I can't share an interview, but I hope that you'll like the photos.  
Oh, and I guess I should mention that Nas was also present, but I only like two of his songs, "Nas the Don" and "Nah Mean," so I wasn't nearly as excited about him, although he was enjoyable to listen to in real life. 
More photos...






You can also get a full coverage of the concert at The Daily Northwestern.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...